You are a Surfing Addict If You Answer YES to more than 3 of these questions
Slightly modified from California Council of Problem Gambling
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to surfing?
2. Has surfing ever made your home life unhappy?
3. Did surfing affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after surfing?
5. Did you ever surf to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did surfing cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
7. After missing a wave did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
9. Did you often surf until your last dollar was gone?
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your surfing?
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance surfing?
12. Were you reluctant to use "surfing money" for normal expenditures?
13. Did surfing make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
14. Did you ever surf longer than you had planned?
15. Have you ever surfed to escape worry or trouble?
16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance surfing?
17. Did surfing cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to surf?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of surfing?
20. Have you ever considered self-destruction at Lanes or surf at Mavericks as a result of your surfing?